- One of the best areas in the North Island for a real outdoor adventure has to be Ngamatapouri, Moeawatea and the Waitotara valley.
- It is an area so rich in New Zealand history.
- Ever since the government bought 200,000 acres for about 5 cents an acre in the 1850’s or even before that in 1825 when the Waikato Maori routed the local tribes, this area has built a rich and colourful recorded history. The Original European hardy settlers arrived in the late 19th century. The area was furthered settled as rehab soldier blocks after world war one, only to see many of those blocks abandoned in the depression years of the 20’s & 30’s. The area has one of the richest histories and fascinating remnants of those early settlers of anywhere in our country.
- This is a one day adventure with local Knowledge guides, incredible scenery and country hospitality has to be a must for all ages and tastes.
- This Tour is an adventure you will never forget. When you mix this with the tried and tested organisation of the ‘Fun offroad Adventures’ team your mates will be upset that they never booked their place as early as you and missed out.
The 500 acres native bush block (fully tracked) at Makakaho is one of the most incredible journeys I have ever had. Although I have been through many times. I find each time just as exciting as the first.
In the 50 years that II have been associated with rural back country of New Zealand the Top of the Waitotara valley for tracks the bush, the history is almost impossible to beat.
For example in Ernie Matthews woolshed the grating is split Manuka. The poles and rafters are all adzed. The old Lister diesel is still there or the hole dug in the solid papa in the middle of the regenerated bush that served as a sheep dip; you just don’t see that stuff anymore.
‘Fun Offroad Adventures,’ is now a certified audited Adventure tour operator with 5 years’ experience of knowing what makes a successful event.
Your day out with us will be the icing on Your holiday cake. A legend that will be talked about around future campfires.
Good amount of easy and challenging Terrain, lots of different scenery.
A great ride with plenty of fun
Awesome ride great variety of terrain and great knowledge of history of area and properties covered
It was Bloody good fun