Funnell Adventure Tours Ltd (Fun Offroad Adventures) Ngamatapouri Safari 24th 25th June 2017
Join us for a a “Fun in the Mud” weekend at Ngamatapouri and Coastal Wanganui.
Your registration comes complete with all your accommodation. All your food and of course memories to last a life time.
If you would like more information about the safari, then please drop me a line at email@example.com .
- One of the best areas in the North Island for a real outdoor adventure has to be Ngamatapouri the Moeawatea and Waitotara valley. It is an area rich in farming and Maori history and one of the few localities large enough (we have approx. 30,000 acres to explore) for a two-three day safari. It just has to come to the top of the list.
- Ever since the government bought 200,000 acres for about 5 cents an acre in the 1850’s; this area has built a colourful and recorded history. The Original European hardy settlors arrived in the late 19th century. The area was furthered settled as rehab soldier blocks after world war one. Only to see many of those blocks abandoned in the depression years of the 20’s & 30’s. The area has one of the fascinating histories and remnants of those early settlers of anywhere in our country.
- Our Ngamatapouri / Wanganui coast Safari will cover approx. 160 -200 Kms of well-defined trails and travel over some 10 different properties. You will be housed and feed by us.
- This is a 2 day adventure with local Knowledge guides.
- The second day of the Safari will be on the Coastal strip between the Wanganui and Whangaehu river mouths. Its an area that is a total fun place. Sand, swamp, creeks, forest, beach and some tracks you will remember for their fun.
- This Safari is an adventure you will never forget. When you mix this with the tried and tested organisation of the Fun Offroad Adventures team, your mates will be upset that they never booked their place as early as you and missed out.
- This exclusive Safari will be limited to 30 registrations only. The Ngamatapouri guided safari is open to 4×4 quad bikes and Side by sides. We also have 3 seats for passenger only people in our new 4 seat Canam Side by side. Because of accommodation limitations total numbers will be limited to 16. So early registration will be your best opportunity to experience the rugged beauty, history, local hospitality and over 200kms of bloody brilliant trails. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for your entry form now.
The 500 acres native bush block (fully tracked) at Makakaho is one of the most incredible journeys I have ever had. Although I have been through many times. I find each time just as exciting as the first.
In the 50 years that II have been associated with rural back country of New Zealand the Top of the Waitotara valley for tracks the bush the history is almost impossible to beat. For example in Ernie Matthews woolshed the grating is split Manuka. The poles and rafters are all adzed. The old Lister diesel is still there or the hole dug in the solid papa in the middle of the regenerated bush that served as a sheep dip; you just don’t see that stuff anymore.
Funnell Adventure Tours Ltd is now a certified Adventure tour operator with 5 years’ experience of knowing what makes a successful event will be the icing on the cake to make this a legend that will be talked around at future campfires.
Good amount of easy and challenging Terrain, lots of different scenery.
A great ride with plenty of fun
Awesome ride great variety of terrain and great knowledge of history of area and properties covered
It was Bloody good fun